Be Well in 2021
BE MINDFUL, CALM & GROUNDED
Sometimes, even a small shift in how you view a new or difficult situation can make a big difference to your overall wellbeing:
See the big picture with this interactive website called ‘This is Today’ – https://theuselessweb.site/hereistoday/
Meditate with calming music and visuals from Wavepath designed to create a sense of release and reset – https://wavepaths.com/tools/#forindividuals
Doodle meditative neon patterns on your screen with Weavesilk – http://weavesilk.com/
Listen to a background soundtrack of the Irish Coast, to rain on a tent, to a Summer night and lots more from Mynoise – https://mynoise.net/
Access the now on the ABC Listen app – https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/mindfully
Connect with cuteness with Explore.org by watching:
- rescue kittens on a live webcam – https://explore.org/livecams/currently-live/kitten-rescue-cam
- or puppies – https://explore.org/livecams/ecad/east-coast-assistance-dogs-cam
Be struck with wonder – watch the Northern Lights live using Explore.org – https://explore.org/livecams/zen-den/northern-lights-cam
Get active with free online dance tutes and exercise classes:
- Try out dance moves from Tik Tok and Fortnight dancers at Learn to Dance – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDt54aJcw0L85ro2A4Iy9Dg
- Learn to Moonwalk in 5 minutes with this video from DZRCK – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYT48mu-TIc
- Beginner’s guide to shuffle from Mavis Everett – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-fsbZ5VgTU
- Yoga for Teens video from Yoga by Adriene – if you don’t have a yoga mat just use a folded towel – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kgZnJqzNaU
- Free Audio Yoga at Home classes from Annie Belcher – https://www.anniebelcher.com.au/audio-classes
- Daily P.E. class with Joe – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
- Free workouts for all ages from The Body Coach – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
- 7 Days of Sweat Challenge – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXmdXilQaqA
If you like any of these ideas, you may also like the resources on hub’s Just For Fun! Page
ReachOut has information, tools and forums for whatever life throws at you. Everything on ReachOut.com is created or reviewed by young people like you. Their online forums are a supportive, safe and anonymous space where you can chat with young people who care about what’s happening for you, because they’ve been there too.
You might know that Kids Helpline offers 24/7 free counselling for young people over phone, WebChat and email. But did you know you can also access all kinds of useful info online on a really wide range of topics? There’s a search function to help you easily find what you need and interactive features like My Circle which is an online peer support group for 13 – 25 year olds.
Did you know there are 12 headspace centres around South Australia? There might be one near you. And even if you live a bit far away, you can still access all of headspace’s online support and resources on their website. You can speak to someone through online chat or phone, or join online group chats that allow you to connect with other young people like you or headspace mental health professionals.
The situation with COVID-19 is changing all the time so it’s worth staying up to date with what’s happening. If you check in with only one thing about COVID-19, make it this:
SA Health – Government of South Australia
If your family needs your support to understand these resources, sit down and look at them together.